Sunday, February 28, 2021


 Stardate 2/28/2021, Final Blog of the Starship GoogleTools: I have heretofore been reluctant to enter the cyber universe due to fear of website construction difficulties, known as cyberwthphobia. However, I have seen the glory of the ease of construction with Google Sites. Decades ago I recall having to write out the html code to build a site and it never looked like I wanted, and it took hours to build an ugly site. Google Sites is a simple click and type and move and imbed way to build a site, and I predict a new planet will soon form from preplanetary protoplasm in the Google Galaxy. Its illustrious potentate will be Mr. Jenney and it will be inhabited by Whistle Pigs. 

Numerous tools made a rapid move from EDU5325 to RMS329 (this class to my classes). One that I now use daily is Jamboard. I also have used Google forms for feedback on a regular basis, and my students have recently completed models of ecosystems, many of which were built using Google Drawing, Google Slides, andGoogle Docs. The timing of this class, during remote and then hybrid learning models at my school, has resulted in it having an immediate and profound positive impact on my teaching. The tools I have collected will build a better experience for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Stardate 2/28/2021, Final Blog of the Starship GoogleTools: I have heretofore been reluctant to enter the cyber universe due to fear of web...